Friday, May 28, 2010

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head...

It pissed down rain really hard for about 20 to 30 minutes today. I was afraid that it would be the official start of 'typhoon season' aka 'rainy season,' but alas, it wasn't. Thank goodness for that. I was taking a shower when I felt a sudden wind chill come in through the window, and then without warning, the rain drops just started beating down. I went outside in my towel to take a photograph of a puddle and the pattern rain makes on one of our retaining walls. Pretty, no? Definitely a pattern I can see on a garment. It looks like a painting even. Reminds me of upside down coral. What does it remind you of? The lightness at the top of the second photograph, is the glare from the top of the high wall (that I call a 'fortress').

Here, check out my afternoon mirienda (snack). Mama Nila brought it for me from my favourite Susie's Cuisine, Angeles. Kapampangans make the best damn food I tell you! Empanada special (the only one I've bitten into was a ham and melted cheese one) and ensemada. Next time, I hope she gets me lecheflan and those delicious tarts and even lanka pastillas! Mmm. I'm gaining weight just imagining the possibilities ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment