Sunday, May 16, 2010

Asia Bound

I don't like playing catch up, but I have to, otherwise my travel blog will be a massive fail. Posting on a daily basis will be made easy after I've made up for the weekend. I'll start with the cliché "in flight" photos. You know, the typical plane food, outside the window photos, etc ;-P
A look inside one of my hand carry bags = heavy ;-P Sennheiser headphones, Sisley makeup bag filled with, yes, makeup, 2 BlackBerry handsets, MacBook Pro 15", pads (haha), cords and cables, A4 notepad, pens, black cube note pad from kikki.K, Apple Magic Mouse, candy/chocolate and God knows what else!
A much improved Sydney Airport post-customs encounter. Good job, Sydney.
I didn't even realize that we had a Victoria's Secret. Oh mercy me! Good job again, Sydney!
Check out the clouds we were flying in outside, no wonder why we were in turbulence for half the damn time we were in the air. No vomit though, thank God.
For all those plane food connoisseurs, you'll be pleased to know that despite how much I hate plane food and tend to want to vomit just at the sight, or smell, I tried it. I ate a bit of the black vinegar fish. Bearable. But I'll pass on the seconds. I didn't eat anything else in this photo, only the mini toblerone that you can't see. The Coke was hot, which is good, because I didn't drink it and I drank water instead.
Trust me to notice something like that. Not just industrial inspired sportswear huh, Marc Newson? Not bad. I was tempted to take the glass, but who knows how many people have drank from that ;-P
I think this is when we were flying over the Gulf of Carpentaria. We were nearing Darwin, sort of flying out of Cairns, or something like that. Don't look at me, I'm not a geography major!
The only thing I liked about Qantas, aside from the Marc Newson glass, is that they give you a timeline at the bottom of what to expect during the flight. It sort of makes the flight shorter in a way, because you know what to expect and you can tick each one off. It just gives you an idea of how close you are to your destination without having to look at the screen that basically gives you a count down. I hate Qantas, I didn't even get a damn TV screen in front of me. I'm used to having one! But I guess I'm also used to flying double or even triple the flight time to Asia.
The beautiful sky nearing Asia. Breathtaking.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Sydney Airport has truly improved! I am an Aussie currently living in Nepal and left in January when half the floor was pieces of wood! Are you Filipino? I am half :) Can't wait to follow your travels! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beryl, thank you for your comment :) Sydney Airport has truly improved, I couldn't agree with you more. It's finally catching up with the rest of the international scene ;) Wow, Nepal, how is that? Do keep following my travels. I haven't blogged in the past few days, I've just been so busy. I just got back from Hong Kong at around brunch. x

    ReplyDelete